Sunday, January 21, 2007

Al Gore and his global warming

Several mornings ago, I conversationally mentioned the cold weather to a random guy at the bus stop (because all great conversations begin with obvious statements...). He disdainfully muttered "Damn Al Gore and his global warming".

Somewhere Al Gore is feeling like a wounded messenger.

I'm fairly certain this bizarre weather isn't Al Gore's doing, but this week it snowed in Malibu [insert Ed Young's rewind sound effect], this week in SNOWED in MALIBU, and I want someone to be held personally responsible.
Random bus guy and I suggest Mr. Gore.


3 Comments:

Blogger Trey said...

Yeah, in December, I heard several stories on the radio with "credible" experts that said the warm winter was the sign of things to come, lest we turn from our evil ways. Heehee...apparently the "turn-or-burn" technique works for non-preachers, too! ;)

Now, they're just saying this is a "volatile" winter pattern...not quite the same thing.

I like it when self-proclaimed experts have to backtrack...it shows that often times it's more important to stay silent than to talk.

Sunday, January 21, 2007 2:08:00 PM  
Blogger Creth said...

I totally like this bus guy.

Monday, January 22, 2007 7:08:00 AM  
Blogger Jason Mayes said...

GREAT post. It is great to see you posting again.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 12:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home