Monday, October 30, 2006

19 days left (but, who's counting?)


Hitting the halfway mark of my assignment has been accented with a touch of homesickness.

Not that I'm not having fun.

Not that I haven't met some great people.

Not that I'm not getting to do a lot of cool things.

But, at the end of the day, I miss my family. My Dallas family and my actual family.

The good news is that Joseph comes in 10 days for a 4 day visit and then Amy comes in 19 days to drive me HOME. Yea!

Despite the mild homesickness and 52 hours of work this week, I have managed to have some fun...

Yesterday I went with my new friend Stacy (who has been a very timely blessing from above this week) to Catalina Island. It was great! The weather was beautiful. The company was wonderful. And, the Island was breathtaking. Catalina Island is like a Wish You Were Here postcard.

Then, last night I went to the famed Viper Room to see my friend's husband play with his band The Royal Fever. They put on a rockin' set, and it was fun to experience Sunset Blvd and a bit of LA nightlife.





Now, I must relax and prepare myself for a long stretch of work. I've got 19 more days to power through...

(but, who's counting?)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I of course totaly understand! I sometimes feel bad saying I am homesick b/c it is not a reflection of people here but just missing home.

Well we of course miss you here and can't wait for you to be home!!!

Monday, October 30, 2006 4:49:00 PM  
Blogger Trey said...

There are too many postcard opportunities in California...at least when you're the one behind the camera.

Monday, October 30, 2006 7:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home