Sunday, October 08, 2006

I'm, like, having a totally awesome time in Cali, dudes.


It turns out, California agrees with me. Currently, I am chillin' out max and relaxin' all cool. Just like Fresh Prince.

So, my first week in sunny Cal was a bit rocky, but this week has been good to me, for sure. I am in total vacation mode which seems a bit odd given the 52 hours I've worked this week. But, after catching my stride, I've found this assignment to be easy, breezy and beautiful...like a covergirl.

Let me point out a few of the easy , breezy and beautiful highlights for you:

1. I am required to take an hour break towards the last half of my shift. During this break, I am encouraged to sleep. This break is separate from the lunch break I take earlier in the shift. So, from 3 to 4 am, everyday, I sleep. At work. Because they told me to. Yep. You heard me right.

2. I have met so many travelers at this hospital. I am learning so much great insider info about agencies, facilities and great travel assignments all over the country. Every day I feel more and more jazzed about taking another assignment after the holidays.

3. California has amazing skies. I get to see the sun setting as I head to work, and rising as I end my
shift. What a treat!

4. The people here are great. Cool. Chill. Laaaaaid back. I love the whole vibe.

5. Everday I meet someone new. Everyday I get to hear their stories. I find that to be endlessly fascinating.

6. Did I mention that this feels like a vacation?!

Anyway, I should head to bed. Tomorrow I am spending the day in OC with Lily. Lily is a Pediatric nurse from....Dallas, Texas. What fun!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Like OMG....you sound like you are having a fun time.

What wonderful things you get to experience!!

Sunday, October 08, 2006 3:54:00 PM  
Blogger Trey said...

Wow, that does sound great!

And, it seems that you're getting lots of kickbacks for mentioning various pop culture references in your blogposts. Does that work for everybody? Are you making plans to meet Zach and Kelli at the Max? Will you drink one-calorie Tab when you get there? So many questions!

Sunday, October 08, 2006 5:40:00 PM  
Blogger cr said...

I just wrote a long comment, but I decided it was too sappy. Ha! Kind of mean to say that but not say what I said, huh? Oh well. That's how I do.

It does sound like you are having such a good time out there. I'm glad week two has worked out a lot better.

Still missing you here, but I'm glad Cali is taking good care of you. See you this weekend, though, right?

Sunday, October 08, 2006 8:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home