Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Christmas is My Excuse to Be Giddy

It's Christmastime!

I know this because I find myself having prolonged moments of sheer, unadulterated, giddiness- much like a child on…well, Christmas. I watched parts of A Charlie Brown Christmas tonight, and I just couldn't stop laughing.

My favorite 'scene' was this one between Charlie and Sally:

Sally: Excuse me Big Brother- I'm really sorry to wake you up on Christmas Eve, but I need some advice. You see, I was asleep in my bed, when visions of sugarplums danced in my head. And, I need to know- what's a sugarplum?

Charlie: A small round piece of candy

Sally: Oh good! I just thought I was freaking out.
------------------------------------------------------------

Hehehe. I'm not sure why, but that really made me laugh. Out loud. And then again five minutes later, when I thought about it some more.

Ah. I love Christmas. It really is the MOST wonderful time of the year.

Just ask Charlie Brown...

5 Comments:

Blogger Creth said...

did you do this?

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 7:31:00 AM  
Blogger Creth said...

comment on my blog as David

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 8:52:00 AM  
Blogger Creth said...

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 9:06:00 AM  
Blogger cr said...

Hahaha. It's so hard to keep up with comments across multiple blogs.

Emmers, my money is still on you for the David comment. Except that, I wouldn't peg you for being so trivial about the matter. Well, at least we all know David didn't do it.

Oh, and I completely understand the laughing at something that doesn't necessarily seem funny and then laughing at it again several minutes later. I nearly got in trouble for looking at a stupid picture of a hamster or some small rodent with a handbag and a parasol who had bad English all around him (or I guess he was more likely a she...I don't know of too many cross dressing hamsters).

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 11:26:00 AM  
Blogger Jacob Glidewell said...

I watched that one too. I laughed my head off... like Linus with his trouble with "What's her name today"...but I like odd humor. In the original CB Christmas special the funniest part to me is when Charlie hangs the one bulb on the tree, it bends over and he says--with little to no expression--"I've killed it." I love that kind of off humor. Who'd a guessed that. :)

Friday, December 09, 2005 8:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home