Monday, October 03, 2005

He Called me His "Beloved"

I believed them. When they said I wasn't good enough- I believed. He said "You were made in My Image". They said there was no way. He said "I am the Way". They gave me no hope. He said "I will give you hope and a future". They said I was a mistake. He said "You were wonderfully made".

He called me His "Beloved".

I believed them. When they said I was unloved- I believed. I said "Please love me". They said "Earn it". He said "It's free".

He called me His "Beloved".

I ran towards them. The ones who thought me unworthy. The ones who gave me no hope- who did not love me. I ran towards them.

He called me His "Beloved".

He waited for me. They never waited for me, but he waited. And when I returned to Him- Broken. Beaten. Torn. Used. He said "Behold, I make all things new..."

I am His Beloved.

4 Comments:

Blogger Creth said...

"behold, I make all things new..."

-thanks for sayin' that,

always good to hear...

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 6:32:00 AM  
Blogger Toph said...

It's true, we run to those who call us unworthy, expecting to find acceptance that only God provides...

Great words today!

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 8:29:00 AM  
Blogger amy said...

I love this - esp because my name means "Beloved"!
It also looks like you and I know the same people ~

;) love you emmers!

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 12:36:00 PM  
Blogger Jason Mayes said...

Yea! Emily, is your computer fixed?

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 6:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home